The New York City Bar Association is pleased to let you know about our upcoming CLE Program.
International Arbitration Institute
Networking Reception to Follow
Friday, October 10, 2014, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The New York Times has described arbitration as a "rising wave" in the legal world. Recognizing this, leaders from around the world are gathering for the special summit, International Arbitration Institute. This single-day program will feature leading academics, arbitrators, judges and practitioners -- from 22 countries and 6 continents -- sharing their perspectives on this need-to-know subject.
Among the faculty for the Institute are:
- Honorable Judith Kaye, former Chief Judge, State of New York Court; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Honorable Norman E. Veasey, former Chief Judge, Delaware Supreme Court; Gordon Fournaris & Mammarella, PA
- Honorable John P. DiBlasi, Former Justice, New York State Supreme Court (RET); Arbitrator & Mediator, NAM (National Arbitration & Mediation)
- Honorable Charles Ramos, Justice, New York County Supreme Court, Civil Branch
- Gerald Aksen, Independent Arbitrator & Mediator
- Professor George Bermann, Jean Monnet Professor of EU Law & Walter Gellhorn Professor of Law, Columbia Law School
- Professor W. Michael Reisman, Myres S. McDougal Professor of International Law, Yale Law School
- Professor Franco Ferrari, Director, Center for Transnational Litigation, Arbitration and Commercial Law, NYU School of Law
- Professor Jacqueline Nolan-Haley, Fordham University School of Law
- Christopher Poole, President and CEO, JAMS
We look forward to seeing you at what will be a valuable and interesting program. This Institute will provide 8.0 CLE credits, including 1.0 ethics credit.
Program Chair: David R. Marriott, Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP
Keynote Speaker: Hon. Judith Kaye, Former Chief Judge, State of New York
Location: New York City Bar, 42 West 44th St, New York, NY 10036
Cost: NYCBAR & ACR-GNY Member: $795.00/Nonmember: $995.00
Co-sponsors: Association for Conflict Resolution of Greater New York (ACR-GNY); New York International Arbitration Center (NYIAC); CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution, Inc.; American Arbitration Association
If you work for the government, a non-profit organization or are a full time academic, you will receive a 50% discount. For any questions or to register by phone with a discount, please call 212-382-6663.
Click Here To View The Program Brochure
Visit New York City Bar Online: http://www.nycbar.org/index.php